Quoting Casey Cichon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> /usr/share/automake-1.9/am/tags.am: ctags was already defined in condition
> !GNC_CTAGS_FILE, which is included in condition TRUE ...
> Makefile.am:116: ... `ctags' previously defined here
> **Error**: automake failed.

That's strange.  I've been getting that for awhile, but it's never
stopped automake, so I never worried about it.  Do you have some sort
of environmanet variables that tell automake to bail on error?
.. just guessing.

Nope ... not that i'm aware of at least.  Don't do alot of compiling from
CVS, but this is a first for me.

As Chris asked.... could you supply an extra 20ish lines of context before
the failure?  I suspect you're missing some -devel packages such that
some automake macros are missing.

-derek

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        PGP key available