Derek Atkins wrote:
Thomas Bushnell BSG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

That's not beyond likelihood, I agree.  However, notice that already
Debian unstable does not include all the necessary dependencies, most
notably aqbanking.

I separate out "does not include a dependent lib" from "contains
a dependent lib too old to use".  The former is easier to deal with.
You tell the user "you'll need to build and install foolib and then
gnucash" whereas the latter means the user has to work around the
too-old lib in order to build gnucash.

FWIW, I just got done trying to compile G2 on a mixed testing/unstable platform and it was basically impossible (or really annoying anyway) without moving up to unstable. I suspect that the requirements for building on stable would make for a really ugly mixed system and would likely make people unhappy, if they could figure it out at all. IANADeveloper and IANADebianEpert.

-derek