On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 09:04:45AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell BSG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > If you want to automatically generate the ChangeLog, which continues
> > to carry all the same information, that's great.  I don't care *how*
> > the ChangeLog file gets into the distribution, only that it do so.
>
> Another option would be to perform a "svn2cl" during "make dist"
> and add the ChangeLog to the EXTRA_DIST target.
>
>   http://ch.tudelft.nl/~arthur/svn2cl/

Hmm, seems to be in the same vein as rcs2log and cvs2cl.  It's a bit
more complicated than I'd like, but I guess that's the price paid for
such precise control over formatting.

> I don't particularly like this option, but it's something to
> consider.

Is it more the concept of deriving ChangeLog at dist-time that you
don't like or this implementation using xsltproc?

I don't have any problem with the format of the raw output of svn -v
log as ChangeLog entries, but the existence of a program like svn2cl
implies that some people certainly do.

-chris