Incorporating the new banner into the www.gnucash.org site isn't
entirely obvious, as the colors in the banner and logo don't work with
the header (and footer) background color.  I've tried a few different
options, as listed below.

Once we figure out what we like best, I'll update the wiki accordingly.

You can switch between the variants on a single page by changing the
alternate stylesheet in your browser (View > Page Styles > [name]) in
Moz, but I've included 'direct' URLs as well; they're not at
www.gnucash.org/beta/ because of problems.

  - 'simplicity': white header/footer with a border.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=0

  - 'simplicity and links': same, with links in the same purple of
     the 'GNU' of the logo.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=0-a

  - 'lighter': the original header color, but lightened simplistically
     a bit.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=1

  - 'newsitem sync': the background-color of the news item headers.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=2

'simplicity and links' is my favorite.

What do you all think?

--