Am Mo, 9.10.2006, 11:08, schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> Am Montag, den 09.10.2006, 10:17 +0200 schrieb Rauch Christian:
>> file
>> >
>> > Yes, I suppose you can
>> > export GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL=1
>>
>> Sorry, this does not change anything but thanks for your suggestion.
>> >
>> > I think this is necessary around configure and not make install, but
>> it
>> > will not do any harm if you set it for the whole build.
>>
>> I added the line above right before calling configure.
>
> OK, the variable is needed by gconftool-2, so
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ suggests to set it around make
> install.
>
> Here is how it could look:
> GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml::/what/the/heck \
> gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule apps_gnucash_history.schemas \
>
> GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL is set, not installing schemas
>
> According to CVS this variable checking was added to GConf 1.1.7, so I
> wonder why it does not work for you :(

As far as I can see, it fails in src/gnome-utils/schemas/Makefile and when I
take a look at the according Makefile.am I can see the following:

> install-data-local:
> if GCONF_SCHEMAS_INSTALL
>         -mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)$(GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE_DIRONLY)
>         GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=$(GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE) \
> $(GCONFTOOL) --makefile-install-rule $(schema_DATA)
> endif

This is exactly the part, where it fails. The mkdir is done successfully
(with taking notice of DESTDIR), but GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE here seems
to have the (wrong) value of /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults with not
looking at DESTDIR.

I now put the GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA right before make install, if
this does not help, I'll try patching the Makefile to make it look as you
wrote above.

I'll tell you later, if I had any results, as every build needs approx.
half an hour.

Regards,
Rauch Christian