ahmad sayed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> when writing a test case we always has setup and teardown, the both these
> methods will be different according to the testcase, some testcase will need
> to have a gnucash without any data file, others will require this data file,
> these operation will be done in the setup,
> in general
>
> the basic testcase will be
> --------------------------------
> setup()            # do the required  setup (e.g  start  gnucash if not)
> testcase()
> teardown()      # do the required clean up close gnucash, kill gnucash
> process, .... )
>
> setup will be different from test case to other, in some cases we need to
> open gnucash  without a file, In other cases will have gnucash open with a
> loaded data file, I miss writing the setup for these test cases, it will be
> fixed in the next test plan version.

Note that these setups should be shared across multiple tests.  I.e.,
you shouldn't need to write the "create a random data file" multiple
times.  And we have some C code that does a lot of this already
which you might want to leverage.

> Testing the register,
> Regardless our ability to test the register it is relatively important, but
> how it could be done
> 1 - Create a custom class that wrap some raw events, this class used to do
> some higher level actions
>     Like
>    def write_something_on_cell(x ,y, something):
>         press enter key for x times
>         press tab key for y times.
>         raw type (something)
>
>     also use all possible accelerator  and hot keys.
>
> 2 - Modify the widget code to be accessible, I prefer this but not sure how
> feasible is it? ,

That's the big question..  It's written on a GnomeCanvas and.. quite
annoying.  The new register-rewrite will make it easier to test,
obvioualy, but that's not finished yet.

> Best regards,
> Ahmed Sayed

-derek

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        PGP key available