I also would prefer to release on thursday or friday due to my wanting
to go away next weekend. To me pushing out the stable release is
preferable too as there is a lot more work creating announcements. I
dont like the idea of doing announcements mid-week as this is quite
difficult to me due to my work schedule. I would far prefer to create
the stable release tarball on the thursday before the sunday release to
give Nathan time to roll the Windows version.

Chris