On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 09:34:34PM -0700, Mark Johnson wrote:
> PostgreSQL gives a warning for '', but accepts it; it prefers \'.
> MySql takes the ''; I'm not sure about \'.  Obviously SQLite won't
> take the \'.

What version of PostgreSQL is this?  I haven't noticed that, and
according to the online documentation for version 8.3, '' is
recommended, as at some point in the future PostgreSQL may stop
recognizing backslashes as escape characters for standards compliance
and security reasons (controlled by the standard_conforming_strings
option, which for now defaults to off).

> However, the real problem is that it is not gnucash-gda code which is
> doing the escaping of the single quote.  It is libgda, probably the
> SQLite provider.  Therefore not under this project's control.

Yes, that is the real problem.

--Michael Vrable