I wonder if there is not something wrong other than the version. I think
very little changed in the QIF import after 2.2.6. Certainly nothing I can
think of that would have this kind of result.
Andreas, did you import multiple QIF files? If so, did you import them
together or separately?

Could you pick a specific transaction that was imported into GnuCash
incorrectly, and show the actual QIF data that it came from?

Cheers,
Charles