Brian Amos wrote:
Gnucash seems to be crashing whenever the database returns an error, such as
incorrect password, or DB unavailable.  I am able to log what gnucash is
sending to the DBI, is there a way to log what's going on inside the DBI?
Hopefully the DBI is returning error codes that gnucash should handle,
instead of crashing.

I'm using 2.3.2 on winXP with postgres DB.

Brian Amos

This is covered in Section 18.7 of the PostgreSql manual. Here's a diff I used for postgresql.conf to monitor all statements sent to the database:
326,328c326,328
< #log_checkpoints = off
< #log_connections = off
< #log_disconnections = off
---
> #log_checkpoints = on
> log_connections = on
> log_disconnections = on
331c331
< #log_line_prefix = ''            # special values:
---
> log_line_prefix = '<%u-%d> '            # special values:
350c350
< #log_statement = 'none'            # none, ddl, mod, all
---
> log_statement = 'all'            # none, ddl, mod, all

It should get you everything sent to the DB (from the perspective of the db rather than gnucash). You should also see any statements getting an error. I used the above changes to postgresql.conf to examine what some early versions of the db backend were sending to postgresql.

Mark