On Sep 3, 2009, at 4:00 PM, David T. wrote:

Actually, my gripe is increasing; I have found that the reconcile window arrow key response is HORRIBLE (3 seconds to move the focus down one line). There is clearly something seriously wrong in there. This was not a problem in the earlier dmg file.

David

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, David T. <sunfis...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: David T. <sunfis...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Slow Scrolling with latest OS X Binary
To: "devel gnucash" <gnucash-devel@gnucash.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 5:41 PM
I know it's a minor gripe, but the
scrolling in the latest OS X binary (downloaded yesterday)
is extremely slow. I am running 10.5.8 on a Macbook Pro
Intel.

Hmm. I tried scrolling a register page by arrow-buttons, page up/down, and dragging the thumb. The thumb lagged the mouse a bit, but I was able to scroll from one end to the other of a several-thousand-split register in less that a second. Is that the scrolling performance you're talking about? In the reconcile window, I see that the up/down arrows don't do anything at all. Is that what you mean? (I usually use the mouse in the reconcile window, so I don't have a baseline expectation here.)

Just to make sure you've got the Intel binary, could you run otool -hv on Gnucash-Intel.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash-bin?
It should say "i386" under the cputype. Thanks.

Regards,
John Ralls