On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:16:05 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:12:31 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> The API docs are generated via doxygen.  You can generate them yourself
>> using "make docs".  The sourcesof the API docs are spread out through
>> the source tree.
>
> But when I'm in the top directory of the source tree (the same placs I
> originally executed ./configure and the general make commands), when I
> execute
>
> make docs
>
> it tells me
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `docs'.  Stop.
>
> Until further notice, I'll look through the source tree for Makefiles
> that do have a docs target.
>
> AH!
>
> There's a doc target.  Would that be the one you mean?

Possibly not, because make doc tells me that doxygen.cfg is not found.

hendrik@notlookedfor:~/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash$ make doc
make -C src/doc doc
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/hendrik/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash/
src/doc'
rm -f doxygen.cfg.tmp
sed < doxygen.cfg.in > doxygen.cfg.tmp \
            -e 's:@-top_srcdir-@:../..:g; s:@-VERSION-@:2.4.99:g'
mv doxygen.cfg.tmp doxygen.cfg
doc:  /home/hendrik/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash/src/doc
distdir:
rm -rf html refman.pdf
doxygen.cfg
/bin/bash: doxygen.cfg: command not found
make[1]: *** [doc] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hendrik/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash/
src/doc'
make: *** [doc] Error 2
hendrik@notlookedfor:~/dv/gnucash/workspace/gnucash$

-- hendrik