On 11-08-12 11:24, Geert Janssens wrote:
Many things have been said already about migrating from svn to git on
the lists. I'll try to summarize what has been mostly agreed upon and
the current status (as I remember it). Others can voice their opinion
if they don't agree with me here:

I think most of the currently active developers more or less agree
that full git integration is where GnuCash is heading. Regarding
timing, I think most agree this would be good to get ready before the
2.6 release.

From rereading older mailing list messages, I can already add there are other parts of the code that have to be ported or replaced: - website updates happen whenever a change is committed to the gnucash htdocs svn repo. This has to be rewritten to work with github as well. I don't know where the hook script is located. I believe it's not a public script (for security reasons). - there are also scripts build the gnucash documentation and the doxygen documentation every night that depend on svn. Also here, I don't know where these scripts reside.

Geert