Hi,

Keith Bellairs <ke...@bellairs.org> writes:

> Parent accounts are
> 1 Asset (top-level asset-type CAD)
>     1.4 Investments (child account asset-type CAD)
>         1.4.4 <mutual fund> (child account stock-type mutual-fund security, no
> currency but it is a USD priced commodity)

This is your problem!  The parent account of your fund account MUST have
the currency in which your fund is priced.  In this case your fund is
priced in USD but its parent is CAD.  That's your problem.  You need to
restructure your accounts so that you have:

  1 Asset (CAD)
  __ 1.4 Investments (CAD)
  ____ 1.4.4 Investment USD (USD)
  ______1.4.4.1 <mutual fund>

> For fun I changed the currency of "Investments" to USD, but <mutual fund>
> continues to be broken. I have a variety of accounts with USD or CAD
> currencies. My "default currency" is CAD.

Define "continues to be broken"?  Yes, anything that currently exists
will still be broken after this change.  But if you created a new
transaction from scratch (i.e. it didn't autocomplete) then it should
"work".

> There are other children of Investments that are asset accounts with names
> like <broker name> and then stocks beneath them. They seem to all post
> correctly.

Probably because the broker-name accounts have the correct currencies
for the underlying funds.

> KB

-derek