Am 22.05.2014 16:11, schrieb Derek Atkins:
Clint Redwood <cl...@screwtape.co.uk> writes:

Hi Derek,

Good point - but what would your localisation setup be in that case? Ideally
you'd want en_DE, which I presume doesn't usually exist?

I have no idea what locale I would want.  Most likely I'd have to use
en_UK because, as you suggest, en_DE probably doesn't exist.  (I haven't
actually tested that to be sure, but I would suspect it doesn't exist).

Well, that would get you British Pound as default currency. May be you
would want en_IE. Then you would get the EURO, as this is the currency in
Ireland.

But John already proposed a better solution: LANG=en_US and LC_MONETARY=de_DE

Could it be possible that one has to do tax declarations for multiple
countries? If you move? May be then the tax report should not be coupled
to a locale at all? Or only the default selection but reports for other
countries are somehow available?

 Herbert.

You could set the tax jurisdition as a separate core option, or I guess you
could base it on the default report currency for the instance.

This is sufficiently important for me to try and figure out and fix in the
next few months, since I really can't be bothered doing all my tax returns
manually every year.

I'm sure people on this list would be happy to be a sounding board for you.

Yours,

Clint Redwood

-derek