I have just pushed a number of commits to gnucash-on-windows that hopefully
fixes the issue
that HTML Help Workshop could not be installed on Windows Vista and more recent
due to
insufficient privileges.

I don't have such a Windows system so I need some volunteers to test it and
give feedback.

The way to test would be to set up a development environment on Windows
following the
instructions here:
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-windows/blob/master/README

If you already have a development environment set up based on the
gnucash-on-windows
repository you can skip the basic set up and just remove HTML Help Workshop via
the Windows
control panel and rerun install.sh

What I hope is that you can successfully install HTML Help Workshop when during
the
corresponding step. On Windows Vista and more recent I expect Windows to show a
UAC which
you should grant.

In all cases, please keep in mind that you should *NOT* install HTML Help
Workshop in the
gcdev directories. Just install it in the default location somewhere under
Program Files or similar.
This has the added benefit that one single installation is ever needed. If you
set up multiple
development environments for gnucash, they will all use the same HH
installation.

I'm looking forward for all feedback.

Regards,

Geert