Thanks for the leads. I have been reading, but the descriptions of how it’s
supposed to work aren’t matching my experience. Specifically, the manuals all
talk about pushing changes onto the repository—but I don’t have push
capabilities with the gnucash-docs repository. Thus, when I get errors about
needing to push my changes, I don’t know how to get out of the situation. My
realm is “3 ahead”, and I cannot figure out how to proceed. I followed the
prompts that said to stash my changes, but now I can’t locate the changes I
want to submit for bug 693156. I see the changes in the files on my hard drive,
so I know they are there, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get
git to get them.

David