On donderdag 31 augustus 2017 14:28:33 CEST Robert Fewell wrote:
> Just tried to build from master after all the recent changes and it failed
> on guile, currently I am running 1.8 and in the log file I see "Using
> guile-1.8.x" but it then logs "The guile executable was not found, but is
> required. Please set GUILE_EXECUTABLE." Looking at CMakeLists.txt, I can
> build if I comment out the four lines starting at 283. Not sure if they are
> required or should be moved so will leave for some one who knows what they
> are doing.

I'm inclined to drop guile 1.8 support completely for master. It's no longer
supported by upstream and all of the distributions we care about have been
shipping guile 2.0 for some time now. The last remaining blocker was our very
own mingw based windows build. However we're in the process of migrating to
mingw64 which does ship guile2 so I see no reason to keep supporting guile
1.8.

At the other end of the spectrum, I wonder whether gnucash would work with
guile 2.2, the current stable guile version...

> On a similar note, I still do a build on my Gtk3.10 VM but have to change
> line 195 as it states the version should be greater or equal to 3.14, is
> this just a typo or have I got the minimum version wrong ?

Gtk 3.10 is still our baseline indeed, because that's the most recent version
we can easily install on our Travis test environment.

I have just pushed a commit that adjusts this for cmake as well.

Geert