Hi John,

Am 08.04.2018 um 18:45 schrieb John Ralls:

On Apr 8, 2018, at 3:04 AM, Herbert Thoma <herbert.th...@iis.fraunhofer.de>
wrote:

This message had the subject "Building GnuCash 3 on openSuSE".
May be that did not raise enough attention ...

So, any hints from anybody with more scheme knowledge is greatly
appreciated.

<...>
With this environment set cmake completes, but make aborts with this
error:

[ 30%] Built target scm-gnc-module
Scanning dependencies of target scm-core-utils
[ 30%] Generating ../../lib64/gnucash/scm/ccache/2.0/gnucash/core-utils.go
Backtrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
619: 19 [for-each #<procedure 1588ec0 at scripts/compile.scm:179:14 (file)> #]

<...>

make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions?

gcc --version
gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.8.5

guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.9

Frank did reply to your first email, though he didn’t address the missing
gnc-build-userdata-path.

Yes, I saw that.

Delete ~/.cache/guile

Did not help.

Make sure that you’re building from a completely clean source, in a completely clean build directory, and installing to a prefix with no <prefix>/<libdir>/gnucash.

I started from a fresh git clone, so this should be OK.

Make sure that there are no cached gnucash files anywhere guile can find them:
You make need to fuddle guile’s search paths if you have gnucash installed from
the package manager in /usr. I don’t know how to do that. The OpenSuSE packager
hangs out on IRC with the nick luc14n0 and he might be able to help.

I'll fiddle with this when I find more spare time. Or just try it in a fresh VM.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best regards,
 Herbert.

Regards,