Whenever I can, I use/convertTo the format 2019-02-02 (unfortunate that today is the 2nd of February. Things are less ambiguous near the end of months). This format is more native to SQL databases and also will sort reasonably when used in flat file names.

I think the US Govt issues passports with expiration dates in the last half of the month - just to cut down the confusion. (This may have changed though..)

Decades ago I searched for 24hr watches - smart phones have eliminated that need.

Have fun - Bob G