I used to use XEmacs much like John describes, although I did use the debugging mode in XEmacs. That was long enough ago that lldb wasn't around, at least not for what I was working on. Now I use XCode for debugging and BBEdit for editing. They work together pretty well and XCode's debugging GUI is quite nice. I remember debugging using address stops and console switches, so this is a big step up.

       Mike