Hello,

I get error messages on closing. I have seen that for some days on
master and maint. The most recent maint leads to a segmentation fault on
quitting gnucash. Using the python bindings in a script I get

> double free or corruption (out)
> ABGEBROCHEN

The "ABGEBROCHEN" is weird because its german (my usual locale) and pops
up even if starting the script with

>>> LANG=C script.py

Starting gnucash with

>>> LANG=C gnucash

leads to gnucash with english interface but in the terminal on exit it
shows:

> This is a development version. It may or may not work.
> Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel@gnucash.org
> You can also lookup and file bug reports at https://bugs.gnucash.org
> To find the last stable version, please refer to https://www.gnucash.org/
> Found Finance::Quote version 1.47.
> Error sending IPC message: Broken pipe
> Error sending IPC message: Broken pipe
> Error sending IPC message: Broken pipe
> SPEICHERZUGRIFFSFEHLER

So the segmentation fault also shows in german (SPEICHERZUGRIFFSFEHLER).

The IPC errors have been there before and didn't do harm.

I tried to enable and disable the python shell. Didn't change the
behavior.

When I try an illegal locale with gnucash it shows

>>> LANG=SOMETHING gnucash
> The locale defined in the environment isn't supported. Falling back to the
> 'C' (US English) locale

That's expected behavior.

When starting a script with an illegal locale it shows

>>> LANG=SOMETHING script
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
> what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid

There seems to be an issue with an illegal locale in the python
bindings. I don't know if that's related to the memory issues. I haven't
looked deeper into this.

That the system locale pops up in the error messages lead me to think
that the problem may be in the locale handling.

regards,

Christoph Holtermann