John,
I usually build the latest release from the source code on Linux Mint (currently
21.3) as soon as a new release comes out. My desktop is getting a bit ancient
but still has no problem with Linux. I also run the Windows version on my wife's
laptop (Windows 11). Not averse to having to build dependencies from scratch on
Linux if I have to but would prefer not to where possible.
I tried Flatpak early on when there was a bit of extra setup to configure access
to the system resources but haven't been back now that most of those have likely
been sorted.

David Cousens