A thought,

I never, or just the last 40 years, make a beginning entry in account creating. Sometimes I set up my next year before I have closed out my previous year, so I don't have the final transactions for the Asset, Liability and Equity accounts. I have a list of opening balance transactions for those accounts. which I create each year, whether the amounts are zero or not. Keeps me in control vs. the program.

John