> On Aug 2, 2017, at 2:24 PM, Christine Maloney <cmalon...@talktalk.net> wrote:
>
> Yes the date and time are correct on the PC, I have windows 7 home premium.
> And I got the latest I think Gnucash 2017. I wonder if there is a fix for
> this.

Christine,

Windows being Windows, have you rebooted since installing GnuCash?
The tag at the end of your email suggests another possibility: Have you tried
disabling your antivirus program?

If neither of those resolves the problem the next test is to create a new user
and try running GnuCash while logged in as the new user. Don't customize the
new user id at all.

Regards,
John Ralls