On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, John Ralls wrote:

Guild is a guile script file that compiles scheme files into byte code.

John,

  Thanks for that lesson.

Rather than sending the build log, open a bug and attach the build log.

  Will do.

But first, have you consulted the Slackware lists/fora to see if others
have encountered and perhaps solved the problem?

  The only one who's tried is the script maintainer. My web searches for the
warnings and errors found nothing relevant.

  I'll open a bug and attach the 6.8k log file.

  This issue seems to be specific to my desktop and I want to fix it because
I'm having similar difficulties since upgrading the distribution when
building other tools I need.

Thanks,

Rich