On 10/04/2017 09:40 PM, John Ralls wrote:

On Oct 4, 2017, at 4:23 AM, Joseph Hesse <joehe...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would like to save my data into a MySQL database. Please inform me how to do
this. I am familiar with MySQL and queries, I would like to end up with a
database with relevant tables.
Make sure that you have the MySQL dbi-backend installed (not available on MacOS
until GnuCash 2.8 unless you build it yourself, should already be present in the
Windows bundle, on other Ones/Distros consult your package manager). Launch
GnuCash, open the file you want to convert, select File>Save As… from the menu,
and select MySql from the combo box at the top of the dialog box.

You’ll be prompted for the server URI, a database name, and login credentials.
The user that you log in as must have DBCREATE privilege.

Regards,
John Ralls

Thank you,

That worked great. I am using Fedora Linux and, in case anyone else wants to know, the file name is "libdbi-dbd-mysql". The package manager (dnf) chooses the correct version for x64.

Would be great if the "Save As" showed mysql greyed out and said the libdbi package was missing.

Joe