From: Robert Heller [mailto:hel...@deepsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:10 PM
To: Roger Oliver <rmom...@gmail.com>
Cc: gnucash-user@gnucash.org; Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Receiving payments on invoices

When you process a payment, the payment is applied to all outstanding
invoices, current and past (you don't generally specify a specific invoice,
unless there is some partitular reason to match a payment to a specific
invoice). I don't know if over payments will be applied to future invoices
-- I've never had to deal with that (the few times I have had over payments
there were no future invoices planned, so I just "absored" the over payments
as a "gift" ["tip"]).  My *guess* is that the overpayment becomes a credit
that will get applied to a future invoice, if you don't "edit" the split to
do something else with it.

At Tue, 3 Oct 2017 16:38:53 -0500 Roger Oliver <rmom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can you apply an overpayment on an invoice to future invoices or
> to other outstanding invoices to the same customer? Thank you, Roger

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services