Here is an example of what I am trying to do.  My expenses in gnucash have items that look like:

Expenses
  Auto
    Gas
    Service

When I look in the mysql accounts table I can find the record containing Service but no easy way to find Expenses:Auto:Service. The record containing Service in the accounts table has the item parent_guid so I could use that to locate the parent classification of Service, which is Auto. I can repeat the process until I get a complete description of the account.

My questions is: Is there sophisticated query where I can add a column to the accounts table containing the full name instead of just the name?

I know I can do what I want in a programming language like PHP or C++ but I want to know if there is something easier.

The reason for my questions is I am creating a custom expense report by joining the accounts, splits and transactions table and I want the expense name to have a full path description.

Thank you,
Joe