Thanks - I missed the transaction report option.  Oops.

On 11/2/2017 11:28 AM, Christopher Lam wrote:
Hi Elmar

 From the default Transaction Report, choose:

Accounts/Accounts: select the Expenses:Discretionary:Travel, click 'Select children' which will select Expenses:Discretionary:Travel:Lodging etc

Sorting/Primary Key: Date
Sorting/Primary Subtotal: none
Sorting/Secondary Key: Description

or

Sorting/Primary Key: Description
Sorting/Secondary Key: Date
Sorting/Secondary Subtotal: none

Good luck!

Next release 2.7 onwards will have arbitrary string searching.