Hi Jeff,

I use the exact same file on Windows 7 & 10, Mac High Sierra and Ubuntu
17.04 Linux without a problem.

I'm using Dropbox currently to synchronise the file between pc's so don't
really have to worry about opening a file on a network drive from different
machines simultaneously, I just have to remember to synchronise it locally
on whatever pc I happen to be on at the time :-)

Cheers Dave H.