> On Dec 19, 2017, at 11:20 AM, Cliff McDiarmid <cliffhan...@gardener.com>
> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> Just joined.  i have been using Quicken for 24years running under Wine!  It's
> now time to change, problems with older versions of it.
>
> I'm running Gnome 16.04LTS.  But I have problems with my first foray into
> Gnucash.  It is coredumping without starting, version 1:2.6.12-1.  Other
> versions also dump.  I've run it with Strace and the log is attached.  AFAIK
> all dependencies are satisfied.
>
> Can anyone help here?

Welcome.

At the end of your log is a tantalizing start of an error message from GIO,
"Sett...".
Can you look at the tail of the trace file [1] and see if the whole thing is
there?
If not, start GnuCash from a terminal, it should show up there.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Trace_File