Hi,

I am starting my second year in GNUCash. I think I may have set up my RRSP's (I
think in the US they are 401K's) incorrrectly. I have them as Asset accounts
under Current Assets. At first it seemed ok but now as I am getting closer to
starting to withdraw funds rather than deposit them I am not sure how it would
work. My RRSP has no employer contributions, just what I contribute each year
plus interest.

I read some things in the archives about this and now think that the better
approach would be to remove the RRSP accounts from my GNUCash file and start
another one just for the RRSP's. Then my RRSP contributions would be an expense
similar to my contributions to my pension plan. I could track the progress of
the RRSP's in my RRRSP GNUCash file. When I start withdrawing funds from my
RRSP (actually I think it would be converted to a RIF then) I could show it as
income in my main GNUCash file.

I thought I would check here before doing anything to make sure I am not
creating additional problems. Does anyone have further insight on this question?

TIA,

Larry