Michael,

Because of your experience and knowledge, I was really hoping you’d weigh in
with insight on the question of how to report a disbursement from one of these
common retirement vehicles as income, rather than a transfer between assets.
How would you recommend tracking money that is earned in 2017, but which is
counted as taxable income only in 2035?

Cheers,
David