On 2018-03-14 18:35, Robert Heller wrote:
> SourceForge also has a weird way of doing downloads: instead of
> providing a direct link to the download, it goes to a page of
> "advertisments" and tells you that your download will begin
> "shortly". It wants you to fully "interact" with the advertisments
> before it will actually start your download (using an AJAX /
> JavaScript thing to actualy do the download). If you are expecting
> the link to pop up the "Save or Open file" dialog and instead get
> anothe "page" at SourceForge, it can seem that the download
> didn't/isn't going to happen. I am not sure what happens if you
> happen to have JavaScript disabled...
As best I can recall, I did. I usually do, and rather than enable it for
Sourceforge I would wait and do the download at work, which I'm sure
didn't happen.

As best I can recall, there was a link or button to click, with a
message to the effect of "if your download doesn't start soon, click
here", so I did.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com