I'm on Windows and have decided to wait a few months so that some of the
bugs can get worked out.  I did compile v3 on Linux and didn't have any
issues with using it on a copy of my main datafile, but for "production" I
don't think it hurts to wait a bit.  There are some really interesting
features in v3 I'd like to play with (and I will on my Linux VM) but I'm
getting more patience in my old age....

Michael