> On May 4, 2018, at 5:32 AM, Gio Bacareza <gbacar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm just about to start tracking my stocks. I'm reading the manual and
> tried to enter a stock which is traded in the Philippine Stock Exchange.
>
> Under type I only see AMEX, EUREX, NASDAQ, NYSE, FUND, All non currency.
>
> I assume I enter All Non Currency. But what does FUND mean?

Make your own category. Those are just examples that are pre-populated into
GnuCash. BTW, the categories exist only for your convenience to reduce the size
of pick lists. You can just create one called “stocks” if you want and lump all
of them together regardless of exchange. You can also recategorize commodities
at will, so you could have an “Open” and “Closed” category, the former for
stocks that you currently own (as in “open position”) and the latter for stocks
that you’ve sold out of.

FUND is intended for open-ended mutual funds which generally trade only with
the issuer and are priced daily at net asset value. That doesn’t mean that
that’s what you have to use it for, of course.

Regards,
John Ralls