Thanks to everyone for the helpful thread!  This definitely helps answer
my questions about storage format.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 12:36:03AM -0500, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> If all you want is the ability to run outside queries for custom reporting or
> data integration, then sqlite3 is probably your safest bet. MySQL and
> Postgres are much more involved to setup and maintain. Essentially, if you’re
> not a database admin, you probably don’t need those two or will not find any
> advantage to the maintenance learning curve and overhead, stick with sqlite3
> or XML.

I actually am a dba, at home at least; we have a running PostgreSQL
server for other purposes.  So it would be easy for me to create a
database for GnuCash purposes.  But I can wait and see how I like XML.

I'll try Google and StartPage next time.  I sometimes remember to try
Google if DDG doesn't turn up results, but not always.

--keith

--
kkel...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us