hi,

I've just installed Ubuntu Bionic (18.04), and elected to install  GNUCash from a "snap".

Using "snap find gnucash" I then found and installed gnucash-jz which installed without trouble. So far so good :)

My accounts are sitting in a mysql database and it was possible to connect to the db immediately. Great !

There are various stocks etc defined for auto price update ... which worked nicely on the previous Ubuntu Xenial (16.04) system

GNUCash is telling me that there is no finance::quote module when I access Securities Editor and look at the Quote Source Information for an existing security

I then installed Finance::Quote and Date::Manip via CPAN ... in my home directory (perl5) after using apt-get to install Ubuntu's build-essential .. which all completed ok

Started gnucash again and it still says finance::quote is unavailable ??  Help

Is this because the snap cannot / does not search my home directory for perl modules  (I know it can access my home directory because I can save files there .. and the modules are in ~/perl5/bin)

I can see gnucash mapped into my home directory at /home/<me>/snap/gnucash-jz/  ... but I can't really tell what the search path is

Do I need to install finance::quote in the system directory rather than my home directory? Given the stirling work with mysql enablement it seems more likely the snap actually does include finance::quote but not found on my installation for some reason. Is there any way for me to further debug ?

Thanks in advance