Assuming you're transferring shares from one brokerage account to another, I found it best to enter the shares and their original purchase dates in the destination stock account and the cash used for the purchase comes from Equity: Opening Balances.  This way maintains the lot purchase dates and doesn't seem to conflict with the brokerage account opening date.

You could also enter a negative number of shares and the base price in one stock account and the same (but positive) number of shares and base price in the destination account.

You won't have much luck trying to credit the stock account directly from Equity:Opening Balances, because the currencies are different, "shares" vs. "dollars".