Hi Khristine...

With our 529 plans, the price we pay for new shares is more than the
"current" price for the share, e.g. we pay $1.10 for a share with a current
value of $1.00!

Have you accounted for this difference in your GnuCash transaction, e.g.
$.10 per share, expensed to a broker fee or some such? This would reduce
your GnuCash total to what would be on the website..

Tom