Looking for a way to handle payroll (US) that works/blends with  GNUCash.

The company I'm helping (actually a friend) is running some software that isn't even available any more.

I've exposed her to GNUCash but the biggest hold up is payroll. She does accounting for some (very) small Water Districts and Homeowner Associations.

The database and associated files are hosted on a Linux server. After this last crash I really need to get her to move to software I can support.

Any suggestions or pointers to methods to handle payroll with GNUCash as the accounting/bookkeeping.

Side trip. I use GNUCash for a small not-for-profit but have almost no accounting experience so have kind-of blundered my way along -- accounting-wise. (They keep reelecting me as Treasurer so I must be doing something right. Or, more probably, nobody else wants the job.) :-)

TIA,
Rod