My method to predict future bank account balances is to enter scheduled
transactions for all large expenditures and incomes, even if they are
estimates out to between one and three months in advance.  I flag these
estimates with a keyword in the number field, so I can tell if I have
replaced the estimated value with a real value.  I also have a couple of
miscellaneous aggregates to estimate the effect of the little things like
Starbucks.

This comes close enough to see when my cushion balance is running low.

David C