> On Aug 15, 2018, at 10:08 AM, Adrien Monteleone
> <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 15, 2018, at 10:59 AM, David T. <sunfis...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Additionally, the comparison table might serve better with each SQL backend
>>> represented, since that’s the next question for someone contemplating that
>>> route. And in that case, sqlite does not necessarily require additional
>>> software, or expertise with a DBMS. (it’s included in the default
>>> distribution of the software on Mac and Linux, you just have to choose it
>>> on save, and you don’t really need to know how it works, unlike the other
>>> two.) Finally, perhaps presenting the table as a list of features/factors
>>> with check marks or Xs, could be easier to scan and digest.
>>
>> I’ll look into this modification as well.
>>

> Now that I ponder it more, perhaps your original version of the table is best
> for simplicity. Can the docs point to the wiki? In that case, maybe reference
> the SQL page instead for those who want to find more info.

I don’t have any objection to referring to the wiki (or the Help or the mailing
lists, for that matter), but I think the issue and practice of referring to
other documentation is not clearly defined as a matter of principle. It would
probably be useful to have some guidelines on when and where to make such
references, and to add them to the documentation consistently. I know that
there is a generic “check these other sources” note somewhere at the beginning
of the Guide, but I suspect that there are numerous sections that could benefit
with more specific cross referencing.