On 2018-08-18 09:57, Colin Law wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 14:52, Geert Janssens <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>
wrote:

On 2018-08-17 17:26, Colin Law wrote:
The apply button doesn't really popup (for me on Ubuntu 18.040) it
just
appears in the bottom bar of the window.

Colin

I don't even see it there.  The bottom bar has this text "The change
will be applied on such request or if you quit this view." followed by
two buttons. The first is blue with a check mark in it.

That is the Apply button. My version has the text, apparently you have
different version.

If that button is supposed to be the apply button, it does not apply the
changes.  Clicking on is restores the defaults.

Clicking on the text line itself does nothing.

That means dconf is not working properly on your system. And that explains
why
it's not working in gnucash either.

Is the dconf package installed on your system ? This is separate from the
dconf-editor package.

@Ken have you told us which OS and version you are using?  I can't find it
in the thread.

gmucash 2.6.15-1, Debian Stretch

On my Ubuntu 18.04 there isn't a package dconf, but there are a number of
other dconf packages.
If it is an Ubuntu or Debian system what does this command show:
apt-cache policy dconf*

dconf-editor:
  Installed: 3.22.3-1
  Candidate: 3.22.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.22.3-1 500
        500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
dconf-service:
  Installed: 0.26.0-2+b1
  Candidate: 0.26.0-2+b1
  Version table:
 *** 0.26.0-2+b1 500
        500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
dconf-tools:
  Installed: 0.26.0-2
  Candidate: 0.26.0-2
  Version table:
 *** 0.26.0-2 500
        500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
dconf-gsettings-backend:
  Installed: 0.26.0-2+b1
  Candidate: 0.26.0-2+b1
  Version table:
 *** 0.26.0-2+b1 500
        500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
dconf:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:
dconf-cli:
  Installed: 0.26.0-2+b1
  Candidate: 0.26.0-2+b1
  Version table:
 *** 0.26.0-2+b1 500
        500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

dconf itself is a virtual package. The one I had not installed before this message was dconf-tools. After installing it I ran dconf-edit once more, but with the same results as already described.

Regards, Ken