I should start by saying I'm new to gnucash.

I'm trying to use a single set of accounts for both household and small
business. I added the small business account using the "new top level
account" when I created it. I now want to run a Profit/Loss report for just
the business accounts. When I select the top level business account and
it's children, the report is empty. However if I run the P&L report without
selecting, I get a full report with all accounts.

BTW, I'm coming from MoneyDance which allows this type of sub reporting.

Regards,

Dan Kalagher
www.ixploreYellowstone.com