> I changed that to 2700 last night and both Chase and Citicards resumed working from within gnucash. I believe Quicken 2019 is AppVer=2800, but I’m not sure.

Can you list your sanitized configuration parameters as I have? I'd like to compare them.

And can you get your working (sanitized) ofx.log file? Does it differ from mine which has <USERID> followed by <USERPASS> on the first byte of the next line:

/================== OFX ================== />/... />/... <USERID>myuserid

Here's why I'm so curious.

My first test was to try Application Version 2700 and 2900: both worked with my blank-padded userid and both failed with my non-blank-padded userid. I suspect Liang's would also. But your's clearly wouldn't.

So how could yours possibly work? One way is that somehow your OFXSGML interjects a tag between <USERID> and <USERPASS>. So I fired up my trusty curl-based script doing just that by sticking the "<LANGUAGE>" tag between:

<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRQV1><SONRQ><DTCLIENT>20181024221016.000<USERID>MYUSERIDWITHOUTBLANK
    <LANGUAGE>ENG
    <USERPASS>MYPASSWORD

 And it worked without blank padding the userid (the results you found). So if your version of GnuCash based on your exact configuration inputs creates an OFXSGML file (ofx.log) different from mine (and Liang's) in just the right way, yours could work.

Feedback would be appreciated. I'd like to see the magic that makes yours work. I was running 2.6.19 at first but am running 3.3 now.

  Jim