On 1/26/2019 10:57 AM, Raimund Strehl wrote:
If I am not mistaken the same problem occurs when printing the report from
Gnucash using print to pdf or to a printer. I think this is an issue that
should have high priority as the export and print functions are rendered
unusable by this.
Any coders listening in here?  :-)
Raimund

Raimund
Not EXACTLY unusable (export and print)

What you mean is that you can't do this DIRECTLY from gnucash. You have to first export, perhaps into a format other than the final format you want, convert that to another format, and print.

<< In other words, leaving aside gnucash for a moment, if you had some document (not now a PDF) and you wanted that to be a PDF and you wanted to print that PDF, how would you go about it. And if you can't answer that immediately, if you had to learn to do some things first, THAT is your real problem. Probably most of us who end up producing PDF documents do not create them with a PDF capable word processor (Adobe does not give THAT out for free) >>

Mind, I do not consider having to go through some process like that extra work. The "finished product" (the financial reports) that as treasurer I hand out to the directors at a meeting are NOT the raw reports as coming out of gnucash. As treasurer, needing to also report to various authorities, I need different levels of detail. And I want the reports the boards look at to be "pretty printed" (maybe different things in different size fonts, some things bold, annotations added, etc.). In other words I want to be using a full feature editor, unfair to expect gnucash to provide that internally.

Were I just producing personal printouts, I might resent the extra steps more.

Michael D Novack