On 2/5/19 11:33 AM, Bucky Carr wrote:
Well, I am not using the Windows version and this behavior is unlike anything I ever saw when I did use Windows.

Isn't GNUcash a Windows program? :)

The OP said that "other programs don't do this". I was pointing out that the observed behavior is evident in other programs as well, and I just happened to mention the "other programs" are Windows programs, too, just like GNUcash is a Windows (and other platform) program.