> On 9 Feb 2019, at 23:16, John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 9, 2019, at 3:07 PM, Michael Hendry <hendry.mich...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I’ve been experimenting with the timing of Gnucash->Quit after clicking Save.
>>
>> There is an activity indicator after Save is clicked, which disappears when
>> the mouse is moved away from the Save button, which makes it look as though
>> the process is complete.
>>
>> If Gnucash->Quit is clicked promptly after Save, it appears that the process
>> of saving is aborted leaving the .LCK and .LNK files, a log file, and a
>> binary file called something like MDH.gnucash.tmp-gkUdOJ.
>>
>> The connection I had made with the extensive reconciliations I had made
>> (sometimes including Postpone) was irrelevant, as this will happen even if
>> no reconciliation has taken place.
>>
>> The Save button is greyed out when the file is first opened, but a trivial
>> change to an existing transaction is sufficient to make it functional.
>>
>> I don’t believe this intended behaviour, so I plan to report it as a bug,
>> once I work out how to do it!

That last line should have started:

“I don’t believe this is…”

but you obviously worked that out!

> Indeed, it's not intended behavior, and it seems consistent with what you
> reported earlier. Good job!
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks, John.

You will probably have received a copy of the bug report.

I mentioned the large number of apparently redundant lines in the .LOG files -
but I’m not sure if this is meant to happen.

Michael